3 Week Online Course: Write and Publish a Book in 3 Steps: Story, Strategy, System
This is a three-part course taking place over three weeks in June and will focus on three components on how to write and publish a successful best seller which you can use as a tool to promote yourself, your area of expertise and/or your business.
If you want to write a business book there are three big issues you need to get to grips with: STORY, STRATEGY and SYSTEMS. Join us for our online course with Alison Jones founder and director of Practical Inspiration Publishing for an insight into Writing and publishing a business book.
STORY – 11th June 2020
In this webinar we tackle the first of these, STORY. How do you put across your ideas in a way that will connect with potential readers? How do you organise and structure your material? And how can you use the process of writing as the engine of your broader content strategy?
STRATEGY – 18th June 2020
In this webinar we tackle the second of these, STRATEGY. What will your book achieve for you, personally and professionally, and how can you maximise its ROI? How can you embed your book into the bigger business or enterprise from Day 1, not just once it’s published?
SYSTEMS – 25th June 2020
In this webinar we tackle the last of these, SYSTEMS. We’ll look more broadly at the processes and systems you need in your business, but the focus will be on the content and marketing elements that will allow you to write your book as efficiently as possible and make use of it in your business as effectively as possible.
What you will learn:
- Writing and publishing a business book
How you will benefit:
- The first stage of writing a business book: finding your message and your voice, structuring your ideas and planning a content strategy as you write.
- The second dimension of writing a business book: ensuring your book builds your business, movement or social enterprise not just once it’s published but right from the first day you start writing.
- The final dimension of writing a business book: putting in place the systems and processes that will support your writing and help you use the book to build your business
Who should attend?
Entrepreneurs, business leaders, self-employed (eg consultants, trainers)
Every week there will be a different agenda for each topic covered and each online session will start at 12:00 and end at 13:00 GMT.
- Thursday 11th June 2020: STORY
- Thursday 18th June 2020: STRATEGY
- Thursday 25th June 2020: SYSTEMS
How to book:
The course will take place over three weeks in June and registration closes on Wednesday 10th June at 12:00 GMT.
Places are limited so click RSVP to register today and avoid disappointment.
- Individual, Enterprise and Corporate members: Free to attend and included in your membership
- Non-members and Digital subscribers: £135 + Fees
Invest in yourself and join as an Individual or Enterprise member to:
- Access videos and recordings of past events
- Attend events that are free for members or at discounted member rates
- Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion
- Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home
- Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures and wellbeing
- Expand your network by connecting with other creating new relationships
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills
- Overcome personal or professional challenges
- Gain support during transitions in life, work or business
- Increase your presence and promote yourself as an expert
About Alison Jones: Alison Jones is the founder and director of Practical Inspiration Publishing. A veteran of the publishing industry, she worked for over 20 years with companies such as Chambers Harrap, Oxford University Press and Macmillan as an editor, publisher and most recently Director of Innovation Strategy. She founded Practical Inspiration in 2014 as a pioneering new publishing brand for business and lifestyle books, is Head Judge of the Business Book Awards and also hosts The Extraordinary Business Book Club podcast. She coaches every PI author on planning and writing their book, and making it work harder for their business. For more information, visit: practicalinspiration.com
About the Rising Network: We use the power of community to empower women to realise their true potential, and to achieve balance and happiness. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers and we enrich our members professionally and personally by providing resources and a supportive learning and networking environment. We offer online and face-to-face events and a forum to upskill where tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer corporates, SMEs, universities and other networks our services to support L&D and D&I initiatives. For more information and to join us, visit therisingnetwork.com