Women in Leadership
Due to various reasons, a lot of women hold themselves back from leadership positions. This can be at a conscious or subconscious level. Just as you need to own your life, you also need to own your rise into leadership. This masterclass will help you to highlight common limiting self-belief or self-sabotaging actions that women do. It will help you to pay attention to your natural strengths that women tend to undervalue, and this awareness will help you remove blinkers, adapt your behaviour to become confident and comfortable going for leadership roles.
What you will learn:
- Understanding what you are doing unconsciously that stops you from owning your leadership
- Your strengths and how to use them
- Challenges faced by women leaders and how to overcome them
- Ideas to put a plan of action to help you become a stronger leader
- Own your space as a leader
- Ideas on how to develop into a leader
- How to identify your strength and use it
How you will benefit:
- Understanding the various reasons that hold you back from leadership positions at a conscious or subconscious level and learn to take steps to own it.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in improving their self-awareness, communication and leadership style.
15:00 – Welcome by the Rising Network
15:10 – Masterclass
16:00 – Event close
How to book:
The event will take place on Wednesday 9th September at 15:00-16:00 and registration closes on Tuesday 8th September at 12:00 GMT. Places are limited so click RSVP to register today and avoid disappointment.
- Individual, Enterprise and Corporate members: Free to attend and included in your membership
- Non-members and Digital subscribers: £45 + Fees
Invest in yourself and join as an Individual or Enterprise member to:
- Access masterclass videos and recordings of past events
- Attend events that are free for members or at discounted member rates
- Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion
- Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home
- Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures and wellbeing
- Expand your network by connecting with other creating new relationships
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills
- Overcome personal or professional challenges
- Gain support during transitions in life, work or business
- Increase your presence and promote yourself as an expert
About Naily Makangu: Starting as a Software Engineer at Siemens Industry Software, Naily Makangu carved her own path into Interim Management, Leadership and is an award-winning Trainer. Just like Mary Poppins, Naily descends on an organisation in turmoil to “Turn your life and workplace into a playground”. Naily has a proven track record of turning around struggling organisations and complex software projects. She once took an organisation from the brink of closure to winning 5 awards in less than a year. Some of the awards included “Most Outstanding Leader” and “Best Trainer” in the UK, and “Best Local Growth & Development Program” in Europe.
Having worked in STEM for several years, Naily understands first-hand the leadership challenges faced within the industry. As she has for other clients, Naily will bring more clarity and structure to your processes, deal with your challenges, deliver tangible results, empower your team and support a positive culture.
When the time comes for Naily to fly away and hand you back the keys, she will have transformed your organisation and instilled a leadership mindset. You will be able to sleep better knowing that your challenges have been handled.
Her passion for supporting the development of leaders in STEM led her to creating the Athena Managers Mastermind. She is also working on a series of inspirational talks “From Coding Computers to Decoding People”.
When she’s not working, Naily loves salsa and sport, mostly Tennis and Boxing. She is more than happy to grab a virtual coffee or play tennis with you.
About the Rising Network: We use the power of community to empower women to realise their true potential, and to achieve balance and happiness. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers and we enrich our members professionally and personally by providing resources and a supportive learning and networking environment. We offer online and face-to-face events and a forum to upskill where tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer corporates, SMEs, universities and other networks our services to support L&D and D&I initiatives. For more information and to join us, visit therisingnetwork.com