Women in Business Mixer: A journey engineering coffee with music
Our Women in Business monthly event is designed to support women in business by offering a friendly space to meet and connect with other businesses.
September brings our Mixer Event, with guest speaker, Simon Fraser from Hot Numbers Coffee, Cambridge’s independent coffee shops, roastery and jazz bar. Simon will share his journey, entrepreneurial spirit and business challenges with you.
Simon has lived a life messing with mechanics as an engineer until a change of direction brought on by a positive thinking course led him to travel the world, ending up studying Jazz saxophone in Australia.
He immersed himself as a barista in the truly infectious cafe culture of Melbourne until his boss encouraged him on leaving to apply his passion for coffee, music and engineering together in one place. This is exactly what he did and Hot Numbers was born!
He looks forward to speak passionately about the highs and lows of his journey as an independent coffee shop owner, setting up a roastery and growing in an exciting and fast moving industry.
We have three Women in Business formats, each format is held once per quarter on a rotational basis, and include:
- Mixer – Invited guest speaker sharing their entrepreneurial journey along with informal networking where you can introduce yourself to others and build your network.
- Mastermind session – networking and peer to peer support designed to help you navigate through challenges. Solve problems with input and advice from the other group members.
- Masterclass – joined by a guest speaker for an interactive session by an expert in their field.
Expand your network and raise your profile. Our events offer a great opportunity to introduce yourself, bounce ideas off each other and to get to know other working women in Cambridge.
9:30 – 9:45: Registration and Networking
9:45 – 9:55: Welcome
09:55 – 10:10: Introduction by all
10:10– 10:30: Invited guest speaker
10:30 – 11:30: Networking
What you will take away:
- Get outside your comfort zone and expand your network
- Build your business and create new relationships
- Raise your profile and business to prospective customers
- A sounding board to share and solve your business challenges
- Gain business ideas and inspiration to drive your own business forward
- Develop your networking skills in a safe and supportive environment
This event is open to members and non-members and usually attracts between 15-25 people. Just hit ‘RSVP’ to book your place! Limited places at this event, book today to secure your place and we can’t wait to see you there.
Invest in Yourself:
- Non Member / Digital Subscribers – £25.00 + VAT
- Non-member – Bring a friend and receive 50% off your booking.
- INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS – £12.50 + VAT
- ENTERPRISE MEMBERS (formerly GOLD): NO CHARGE – included in your membership. See membership benefits HERE
Refreshments included. Eventbrite Fees apply.
Hosted by: Eagle Labs at Barclays Eagle Labs, 7-8 Clifton Court, Cherry Hinton Road, Cambridge, CB1 7BN
Parking: Parking is available Cambridge Leisure Centre (Cambridge Leisure Park, Clifton Road, Cambridge, CB1 7DY) car park which is 5 minutes walk – https://cambridgeleisure.co.uk/daily-parking-tariff
About the Rising Network: A vibrant network empowering women to create meaningful change in life and to live a balanced life. We do this by promoting the achievements of women, health, well-being, positive psychology and personal development by sharing experiences at face to face events and online. For more information and to join, visit: therisingnetwork.com
9:45 – 9:55: Welcome by a Rising Network member
09:55 - 10:30: Introduction by all
10:30– 10:50: Invited guest speaker, Tine Roche
10:50 - 11:30: Networking