Psychological Safety: The Key to High Performing Teams
Join our webinar on Tuesday 3rd December, where Organisational Behaviourist Hilary McLellan will provide the most up to date research and guidance of how to embed psychological safety in the workplace to create an organisational culture of openness – where speaking up is encouraged and you feel safe to challenge upwards. Performance improves in this kind of environment because team members feel “safe” to show vulnerability, take risks and be their best selves.
The world of work and business relies on relationships. Whether customers, peers, line managers or direct reports, how we behave in groups and teams will always have a direct impact upon how effective and motivated we are. We are mammals and our need for connection and a sense of belonging is a deep and primitive need in us. An environment of safe conflict is essential for us to be our best but how can we achieve this?
Psychological safety takes time and a deliberate effort to develop and maintain within teams. The essence of high-performing teams is based largely on the relationships between the people in them, therefore, the focus on people and soft skills in the workplace has become more and more prevalent as a measure of success and performance in the workplace.
Join the Rising Network and Hilary to learn how to create psychological safety at work. Building on the work of Harvard Business School professor Amy Edmondson, David Lewis and Alison Reynolds, learn how to create a culture of trust, where people feel they can put themselves out there, ask questions, make mistakes, learn from them – and know that it’s okay.
Learning Outcomes and Key Takeaways
In this workshop understand more about:
- What stops us from speaking up at work
- How teams can make their peers feel safe to challenge and voice their opinions and be the best they can be
- Steps to take to creating a culture where candour and openness is encouraged
- How to measure the quality of interaction in your team
How you will benefit:
- You will learn more about psychological safety in the workplace – what it is and how it can benefit your team
- You will learn tools and strategies to help you create a Psychologically safe workplace for your team
Who should attend?
Team members, Team Leaders, Team Coaches, Facilitators and anyone wishing to learn more about psychological safety.
How to book
The event will take place on Tuesday 3rd December at 12-1pm. Places are limited so hit ‘RSVP’ to register today and avoid disappointment.
- Individual and Enterprise members: Free to attend and included in your membership
- Non-members and Digital subscribers: £10 + Fees
Invest in yourself and join as a member to:
- Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion.
- Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home.
- Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures.
- Expand your network by creating new relationships.
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills.
- Overcome personal or professional challenges
- Develop your presenting and networking skills in a safe and supportive environment.
About Hilary McLellan
Hilary is an Organisational Behaviourist, Exec and Team Coach. Her clients work with her because they want to be their best self and feel fulfilled not only at work but also in life. By building a strong sense of self through authenticity, resilience and emotional intelligence, Hilary’s approach provides the key ingredients of support, encouragement and fair (but firm) challenge upon the mental models, perceptions and experiences that influence us all. Such fair but firm challenge, in a confidential setting, can be hard to find for leaders who are in senior roles and arguably ever more isolated from receiving safe but open and honest challenge. Hilary adopts a style that, by using questioning and challenge, encourages clients to explore and develop their own solutions to the challenges they face. She creates trust and rapport – often in the outdoors and natural settings – so clients can explore, discover and be curious about their self-critic, their values, beliefs and behavioural patterns. Thereby bringing about the best solutions and experiences for themselves, their teams and their customers.
About the Rising Network: The Rising Network is a community of over 600 women. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers. We use the power of community to connect, inspire and empower women to reach their true potential, create meaningful change and achieve balance in all areas of life. We hold face to face and online events throughout the year, visit our events calendar for more information. Rise with us – join us and be part of one of the UK’s fastest growing women’s networks. #RiseTribe
12:10 – Webinar with Hilary McLellan
12:50 – Q&A
13:00 – Close