Personal Branding & Your Future Self with Dr Matt Higgs from KISS Communications
Personal branding is important when looking for a job, progressing within your industry, starting a business, or changing careers. In this hands-on personal branding workshop, you will learn how to make a better, more enduring impression in-person at work, conferences and networking events as well as online. This workshop is created for emerging and established leaders who are ready to take charge of their professional development.
This workshop will be led by Matt Higgs, senior planner at Cambridge-based creative agency KISS. Having worked with clients including Tesco, Coca-Cola and Bayer, Matt knows a thing or two about branding and messaging, and in this workshop he’ll use that experience to show the importance of your own personal brand and how to make yourself stand out from the crowd.
What can I learn from this workshop?
- Personal branding vs. Company branding
- Multifaceted nature of personal brands
- Transitions and external influence on our own brand
- Clarity and prioritisation
- Looking forward
- How to stand out from the crowd and be distinctive
- Identify your strengths
- Clarify and strengthen your personal story
- Understanding your brand
- Your future self
- Interpretation of your brand
So if you missed out on Matt’s insightful workshop at the Rising Festival here is your chance to come along to this extended 90-minute session on Wednesday 24th April.
And if you attended the Rising Festival workshop and want some more ‘Future Planning action’ Matt has developed completely new content and some exciting additional exercises – so it really is not one to miss!
- 18:15: Doors Open
- 18.30: Welcome from Rising Network Member
- 18.40: Welcome from Barclays Eagle Labs
- 18.45: Workshop by Dr Matt Higgs
- 20.15: Event wrap up and close
Thank you to Barclays Eagles Labs for hosting this event
Our events will help you to:
- Get outside your comfort zone and expand your network by creating new relationships.
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills.
- Raise your profile and business to prospective customers.
- Work through personal or professional challenges in a safe and supportive environment.
- Gain ideas and inspiration to drive your professional and personal development forward.
- Empower yourself by learning tools and techniques to create positive changes in life, at work and at home.
- Develop your presenting and networking skills in a safe and supportive environment.
We have limited places available and this event is open to non-members. Book today to secure your place and we can’t wait to see you there.
Invest in Yourself:
- Enterprise: Free to attend and included in your membership.
- Individual member: Free to attend and included in your membership.
- Non-Member / Digital Subscribers – £45.00 including VAT & booking fees
At the Rising Network we run events throughout the year and membership offers you member benefits plus free to attend and member rates to attend events. See membership benefits HERE
- Mixer events with invited guest speaker sharing their entrepreneurial journey along with informal networking where you can introduce yourself to others and build your network.
- Online Mastermind sessions include virtual networking and peer to peer support designed to help you navigate through challenges. Solve problems with input and advice from the other group members and from our invited business coaches/advisers.
- Masterclass joined by a guest speaker for an interactive session by an expert in their field.
- Social Networking Events
- Personal and professional development workshops and courses
- The Rising Festival our flagship annual event celebrating International Women’s Day
Please see our events calendar for upcoming events: https://therisingnetwork.com/events/
About Dr Matt Higgs
Matt is Senior Planner at KISS Communications, the creative Agency that clarifies the complex. They immerse themselves in their clients’ business to bring focus and clarity to brands that are changing the world. With in-depth expertise across the Science, Technology and Education sectors, their ability to deliver insightful strategy and create memorable campaigns has seen them build an impressive portfolio of clients.
Their expert team of specialists in strategy, branding, advertising, digital and public relations work side-by-side to create and deliver distinctive ideas that surprise their clients and add value to their business. KISS is a member of the PROI, the world’s largest partnership of independent agencies, giving access to leading agencies in 100 cities across five continents and enabling them to deliver international campaigns driven by local expertise and knowledge.
KISS: Keep It Successfully Simple. www.kisscom.co.uk
About the Rising Network: The Rising Network is a vibrant network of professional women empowering women to reach their true potential and to live a balanced life. We take a holistic approach towards life and enrich our members professionally and personally by providing a supportive learning and networking environment, both online and at face-to-face events, where tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer events, webinars and courses to the public and tailored programmes and workshops to organisations, universities and other networks. For more information about the network and to join, visit therisingnetwork.com
About Eagle Labs: The national network of Eagle Labs supports individuals, businesses and corporates innovate and grow, across a broad range of different sectors and with varied capabilities. By leveraging local specialisms and introducing structured programming, Eagle Labs are helping drive innovation and transformation across industry sectors, through collaborations with industry leading corporates, universities and start ups.
The Cherry Hinton Eagle Lab comprises of a Maker Space and Room Hire with excellent facilities perfect for networking, meet ups and utilising the fabrication tools for prototyping and design.’
18.30 Welcome from Rising Network Member
18.35: Welcome from Eagle Labs
18.45: Workshop by Dr Matt Higgs
20.15: Event wrap up and networking
20.30: Event close