Overcoming Impostor Syndrome with Sue Dunn. SAVE THE DATE – Registration opening soon.
“A psychological phenomenon in which people are unable to internalize their accomplishments.”
Women are more likely to attribute their successes to luck or contacts, as opposed to talent and hard work. The impostor syndrome is a psychological term referring to a pattern of behaviour where people doubt their accomplishments and have a persistent, often internalised fear of being exposed as a fraud. The term ‘impostor syndrome’ was created by clinical psychologists Pauline Clance and Suzanne Imes in 1978, when they found that despite having adequate external evidence of accomplishments, people with impostor syndrome remained convinced that they don’t deserve the success they have. In this hands-on workshop with Sue Dunn, Certified Hypnotherapist, identify and recognise your patterns of behaviour and learn how to overcome impostor syndrome to start living your life to the fullest.
Imposter syndrome can be debilitating, causing stress, anxiety, low self-confidence and can limit your courage to go after new opportunities and to put yourself out there in a meaningful way.
Are you feeling like a phony—you feel as though at any moment you are going to be found out as a fraud—like you don’t belong where you are, and you only got there through luck?
Do you feel like you are not good enough to be in your role?
“At some point I’m going to be find out for not being as competent as they think I am.”
“I’m not qualified to speak publicly or to give a talk… this must be a mistake.”
If you can relate to any of the above, you are not alone and this workshop will help you to make incremental changes to move towards overcoming impostor syndrome.
What will be covered and what you will take away:
- What is impostor syndrome?
- Learn how to manage and overcome impostor syndrome
- Guided hypnosis and meditation
- Future Life Progression (FLP) to connect with your future self and to show you your highest potential
- Identify the areas in your life you want to improve to create balance and harmony
- 18:30: Doors open
- 19:00: Welcome by Rising Member
- 19:10: Welcome by host
- 19:15: Workshop commences
- 20:45: Workshop ends
As with all our events – all events are informal, and we welcome all.
Invest in Yourself:
- Enterprise: Free to attend and included in your membership.
- Individual member: £25.00 + VAT & booking fees
- Non-Member / Digital Subscribers– £45.00 + VAT & booking fees
Our events will help you to:
- Get outside your comfort zone and expand your network by creating new relationships.
- Learn and build your leadership and business skills.
- Work through personal or professional challenges in a safe and supportive environment.
- Raise your profile and business to prospective customers.
- Build your personal brand.
- Gain ideas and inspiration to drive your professional and personal development forward.
- Empower yourself by learning tools and techniques to create positive changes in life, at work and at home.
- Develop your presenting and networking skills in a safe and supportive environment.
We have limited places available and this event is open to non-members. Book today to secure your place and we can’t wait to see you there.
At the Rising Network we run events throughout the year and membership offers you member benefits plus free to attend and member rates to attend events. See membership benefits HERE
- Personal and professional development workshops and courses
- Social networking events with a difference
- Masterclass joined by a guest speaker for an interactive session by an expert in their field.
- Mixer events with invited guest speaker along with informal networking where you can introduce yourself to others and build your network.
- Online Mastermind sessions include virtual networking and peer to peer support designed to help you navigate through challenges. Solve problems with input and advice from the other group members and from our invited business coaches/advisers.
- The Rising Festival our flagship annual event celebrating International Women’s Day
Please see our events calendar for upcoming events https://therisingnetwork.com/events/
About Sue Dunn: Sue is a Certified Hypnotherapist who works intuitively to help her clients navigate difficult life issues and circumstances. Sue guides and supports her clients to identify and then release the mental and emotional blocks that prevent them from living joyful, fulfilled lives. Having overcome loss and trauma during her own childhood, Sue passionately believes that with kindness, support and guidance, we all have the ability to liberate ourselves from limiting thoughts, beliefs and behavioral patterns in order to achieve our infinite potential.
Sue offers bespoke one on one hypnotherapy sessions that are tailored to meet each client’s individual needs. She also delivers experiential workshops to small groups for relaxation, stress management, self esteem and self confidence building. “Hypnosis is a safe, deeply relaxing yet very powerful therapeutic tool, that can greatly improve our sense of physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing. Working from the inside out it allows us to deeply connect with our internal power, it raises our awareness and empowers us to restore balance and harmony in our lives and achieve our desired goals”.
About the Rising Network: The Rising Network is a vibrant network of professional women empowering women to reach their true potential and to live a balanced life. We take a holistic approach towards life and enrich our members professionally and personally by providing a supportive learning and networking environment, both online and at face-to-face events, where life tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer events, webinars and courses to the public and tailored programmes and workshops to organisations, universities and other networks. For more information and to join, visit: therisingnetwork.com
19:00: Welcome by Rising Member
19:10: Welcome by host
19:15: Workshop commences
20:45: Workshop ends