Overcome Your Public Speaking Fear
If you have ever thought that you would rather die than have to speak in public you are not alone. A fear of public speaking was found to be a more pressing concern than death, according to a survey on common phobias.
However, public speaking can be a learned skill that does not need to be scary or stressful. Join us on the 10th October in the supportive environment of a Rising Network workshop, where experienced Toastmaster Natalie King will guide you through the perceived fear of public speaking, where the fear comes from and the challenges a person can experience before they speak to enable you to thrive when speaking in public.
You’ll leave this workshop with:
- Tools to deal with the fear of public speaking
- Top tips for public speaking
- Ways to boost your confidence.
- Practical next steps for your public speaking journey
Who this workshop is suitable for:
- Entrepreneurs who are required to pitch or present their ideas
- Managers or employees who are required to present in internal meetings
- Those who would like more confidence when presenting to clients
- Anyone who is required to speak at events
- Aspiring public speakers looking to further develop their skills
- Those who are looking for more personal confidence when networking
- 18:30 – Arrival & Networking
- 18:50 – Welcome by Rising Network Member
- 18:55 – Welcome by Host
- 19:00 – Workshop
- 21:00 – Close
Our events will help you to:
- Get outside your comfort zone and expand your network by creating new relationships.
- Gain ideas and inspiration to drive your professional and personal development forward.
- Learn and build your leadership and business skills.
- Raise your profile and business to prospective customers.
- Work through personal or professional challenges in a safe and supportive environment.
- Empower yourself by learning tools and techniques to create positive changes in life, at work and at home.
- Develop your presenting and networking skills in a safe and supportive environment.
Invest in Yourself:
- Enterprise Member: Free to attend and included in your membership.
- Individual Member: Free to attend and included in your membership.
- Non-Member / Digital Subscribers: £45.00 + booking fees
At the Rising Network we run events throughout the year and membership offers you member benefits plus free to attend and member rates to attend events. See membership benefits HERE
- Personal and professional development workshops and courses
- Social networking events with a difference
- Masterclass joined by a guest speaker for an interactive session by an expert in their field.
- Mixer events with invited guest speaker along with informal networking where you can introduce yourself to others and build your network.
- Online Mastermind sessions include virtual networking and peer to peer support designed to help you navigate through challenges. Solve problems with input and advice from the other group members and from our invited business coaches/advisers.
- The Rising Festival our flagship annual event celebrating International Women’s Day
Please see our events calendar for upcoming events: https://therisingnetwork.com/events/
About Natalie King: Natalie King, was born in Africa and grew up in South Africa. She has been in the UK for 19 years now. Having grown up with a British father and Swiss mother she always wanted to come and live in the UK, especially having heard all the stories from her parents about the cold winters and the snow and rain. Natalie is a slave to 3 dogs each with their own attitude and personality. She has a passion for learning new things and being inspired by people who are on their own journey of development.
Natalie is a Toastmaster and has been for nearly 5 years. Being part of toastmasters Natalie found her passion for public speaking, which lead to her becoming a confidence, happiness as well as public speaking coach.
Natalie was not always confident as years of bullying, first at school then in the workplace, eroded her confidence, until one day she realised that it was up to her to take control and to make the changes that would enable her to find herself again.
The reason Natalie joined Toastmasters was to learn how to speak to people and then became a mentor to new members as they started to learn and gain their confidence in public speaking. Natalie is a qualified New Insights Life Coach, and a qualified Happiness Coach.
What Natalie loves about being a coach is that every single time she works with a client she gets to see how they have made progress, how they are growing as a person and she gets front row seats to their changes. She is also able to inspire, motivate and encourage them to keep going. It is the most wonderful thing in the world to be part of someone’s journey. The best part is that Natalie gets to learn from her clients too.
About the Rising Network: The Rising Network is a vibrant network of professional women empowering women to reach their true potential and to live a balanced life. We take a holistic approach towards life and enrich our members professionally and personally by providing a supportive learning and networking environment, both online and at face-to-face events, where tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer events, webinars and courses to the public and tailored programmes and workshops to organisations, universities and other networks. For more information about the network and to join, visit therisingnetwork.com