ONLINE EVENT: The Importance of Emotional Intelligence At Work
Join us on Thursday 6th February for an hour-long webinar, where Leadership and Executive Team Coach and founder of Indigo Talent Development Hilary McLellan will provide a simple but informative introduction to the neuroscience behind Emotional Intelligence (EQ). Hilary will explain how EQ can effectively be measured and why it’s probably one of the most useful psychometric measures in the world of work and leadership.
Intelligence Quotient (IQ) has long been recognised as the best predictor of success. People with high IQs typically do well in school, often earn more money, and tend to be healthier in general. But today experts recognise it is not the only determinate in life success. Instead, it is part of a complex array of influences that includes Emotional Intelligence (EQ), among other things.
Do you pay attention to your emotions and the feelings of those around you? The answer to this question can help you discover how in tune you are with your emotions and help determine your emotional intelligent quotient, or your EQ.
Becoming aware of your emotions can help you become attuned to your own needs and the needs of others around you. It can help you make better decisions, develop better relationships and increase your ability to inspire, influence, and develop others while managing conflict.
What you will learn:
In this webinar, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) – what it is, what it’s not and why it matters
- Learn about the importance of EQ in psychometric evaluation and how to measure it
- Become more familiar with the EQ competencies
How you will benefit:
- You will come away with a better understanding of our own EQ preferences
- You will learn tools and strategies to leverage EQ in your personal and professional life
Who should attend?
Anyone wishing to learn more emotional intelligence and how it can improve your overall effectiveness and bring out the best results for everyone.
How to book:
The event will take place on Thursday 6th February at 12-1pm. Places are limited so click RSVP to register today and avoid disappointment.
- Non-members and Digital subscribers: £10 + Fees
- Individual and Enterprise members: Free to attend and included in your membership
Invest in yourself and join as a member to:
- Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion
- Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home
- Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures
- Expand your network by creating new relationships
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills
- Overcome personal or professional challenges
About Hilary McLellan: Hilary is an Organisational Behaviourist, Exec and Team Coach. Her clients work with her because they want to be their best self and feel fulfilled not only at work but also in life. By building a strong sense of self through authenticity, resilience and emotional intelligence, Hilary’s approach provides the key ingredients of support, encouragement and fair (but firm) challenge upon the mental models, perceptions and experiences that influence us all. Such fair but firm challenge, in a confidential setting, can be hard to find for leaders who are in senior roles and arguably ever more isolated from receiving safe but open and honest challenge. Hilary adopts a style that, by using questioning and challenge, encourages clients to explore and develop their own solutions to the challenges they face. She creates trust and rapport – often in the outdoors and natural settings – so clients can explore, discover and be curious about their self-critic, their values, beliefs and behavioural patterns. Thereby bringing about the best solutions and experiences for themselves, their teams and their customers.
About the Rising Network: The Rising Network is a community of over 600 women. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers. We use the power of community to connect, inspire and empower women to reach their true potential, create meaningful change and achieve balance in all areas of life. We hold face to face and online events throughout the year, visit our events calendar for more information. Rise with us – join us and be part of one of the UK’s fastest growing women’s networks. #RiseTribe
12:10 – Webinar with Hillary McLellan
12:50 – Q&A
13:00 – Close