ONLINE EVENT: Social Capital and Rules of Engagement
This interactive online workshop is designed to help women during COVID-19 to think about how to build social capital during social distancing and how to connect with themselves, their purpose and passion by paying attention to their narrative. Our narratives can either connect us to people or keep us away from what we want. Understanding our stories are critical in the building of relationships, and this workshop will address the power of our narratives and how they impact our relationships with self and others.
What you will learn:
- Understanding of social capital and the impact of building networks
- The role of narrative identity in building relationships
- An awareness of the impact of relationships on our health and wealth
How you will benefit:
- Understand the value of relating to others, both professionally and personally
- Develop relationships that pay valuable dividends to everyone involved
- Make more effective use of your time and effort in order to assemble a stronger network
- Become more authentic and create more relationships that are transparent and transformational
Who should attend?
- Women of all ages and stages in life.
How to book:
The event will take place on Thursday 28th May at 15:00 – 16:30 GMT and registration closes on Wednesday 27th May at 12:00 GMT. Places are limited so click RSVP to register today and avoid disappointment.
- Individual, Enterprise and Corporate members: Free to attend and included in your membership
- Non-members and Digital subscribers: £45 + fees
Invest in yourself and join as an Individual or Enterprise member to:
- Access videos and recordings of past events
- Attend events that are free for members or at discounted member rates
- Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion
- Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home
- Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures and wellbeing
- Expand your network by connecting with other creating new relationships
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills
- Overcome personal or professional challenges
- Gain support during transitions in life, work or business
- Increase your presence and promote yourself as an expert
About Dr Froswa Booker-Drew: Dr. Froswa’ Booker-Drew is the Founder and CEO of Soulstice Consultancy, specializing as a Partnership Broker and Leadership Expert for companies and organizations to thrive with measurable and meaningful impact. She also is the VP of Community Affairs and Strategic Alliances for the State Fair of Texas.
Dr. Booker-Drew is a passionate philanthropist and Co-Founder of HERitage Giving Circle. Her connectivity expertise and notable research is highlighted in quotes and profiles in major media such as Forbes, Huffington Post, Bustle, Ozy, and other outlets around the world. As a professional speaker, Dr. Booker-Drew educates and expands upon various subject matter such as social capital and networking, leadership, diversity, and community development. She is well-regarded by national and international audiences and served as a workshop presenter at the United Nations on the Access to Power.
One of the most impactful life events for Dr. Booker-Drew was being featured in a documentary, Friendly Captivity, a film that followed a cast of seven (7) women from Dallas, Texas to embark on a remarkable journey in India.
Honors for Dr. Booker-Drew’s work include: Outstanding African American Alumni Award from the University of Texas at Arlington, Semi-finalist for the SMU TEDx, Woman of the Year Award by Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Diversity Ambassador for the American Red Cross, and Dallas Business Journal Women in Business Award Honoree. Dr. Booker-Drew earned her Ph.D. from Antioch University in Leadership and Change. She also attended the Jean Baker Miller Institute at Wellesley for Relational Cultural Theory and Facilitator Training on Immunity to Change. Further, Dr. Booker-Drew completed training through UNICEF on Equity Based Evaluations.
About the Rising Network: We use the power of community to empower women to realise their true potential, and to achieve balance and happiness. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers and we enrich our members professionally and personally by providing resources and a supportive learning and networking environment. We offer online and face-to-face events and a forum to upskill where tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer corporates, SMEs, universities and other networks our services to support L&D and D&I initiatives. For more information and to join us, visit therisingnetwork.com