ONLINE EVENT: Intercultural Dimension in HR Management
Join us on Tuesday 5th May for an hour-long webinar and learn all about the Intercultural Dimension in Human Resource Management with Intercultural coach and trainer Eva Tarabichi.
Cultural considerations are often overlooked in hiring or staff management processes, yet they become increasingly important the more culturally diverse the workforces become.
While some companies manage to use the diversity of their workforce strategically and overachieve, others have a hard time to make their international teams and collaborations function. Teams work against each other rather than together, global reputational damage occurs, oversea assignments terminate early, resulting in tremendous costs. What if you, as your company’s HR manager, had the power to change all of this?
What you will learn:
- Increasing importance of addressing the intercultural dimension: why we can’t ignore addressing it .
- The opportunities that come with strategic consideration of your employee’s background (in hiring as well as relocating processes)
- How do we address all of the above? = Exemplary measures to assess “special needs of international staff”, accompany and train staff; creating resources; measuring/assessing outcomes
- A clear first step to start by setting a SMART goal that we wants to achieve for our organisation
How you will benefit:
- How you, as HR professionals, can use our special position to turn a problem into an opportunity by being strategic.
- What you can do in order to steer your company’s international workforce into the right direction
Who should attend?
Human resource managers of multinationals or any internationally working company/NGO/public sector entitles
How to book:
The event will take place on Tuesday 5th May at 12:00 – 13:00 GMT and registration closes on Monday 4 May at 12:00 GMT.
Places are limited so click RSVP to register today and avoid disappointment.
- Individual, Enterprise and Corporate members – free to attend and included in your membership
- Non-members and Digital subscribers: £10 + Fees
Invest in yourself and join as a member to:
- Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion
- Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home
- Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures
- Expand your network by creating new relationships
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills
- Overcome personal or professional challenges
About Speaker Eva Tarabichi: Eva Tarabichi is an experienced trainer and ICF ACC-certified coach whose mission is to foster intercultural learning and development for individuals as well as teams. She works with international professionals, teams, expatriates and expat spouses as well as HR professionals that manage international staff and assignments.
Eva’s particular focus is on empowering her clients to assess their own cultural profile as well as that of their counterparts and enable them to successfully bridge cultural gaps and leverage cultural differences in positive ways. Her aim is to make people successful and functional – wherever they may be and whoever they work with. She is passionate about delivering out-of-the-box, global minded, multilingual and multicultural thinking.
To deliver unique and high-quality coaching and training, Eva draws not only on her ICF accredited coach training but also on her degrees in Sinology and European politics, during which she has specialised in intercultural communication. She is an experienced speaker, having designed and presented workshops in her previous career as well as her current one. She understands the challenges of today’s high pressurised career environments, as she used to work for multinational law firms, EU political institutions and lobbying associations in her first career as a political interest representant.
Having been an expat for roughly half of her life, she has seen a fair share of intercultural and relocation challenges: She has been an expat in multiple situations – as a school child, university student, employee, “trailing spouse”, mum of two and self-employed entrepreneur.
Global mindedness, multiculturalism as well as the strive for quality and tested standards in coaching are the core values that drive Eva in her coaching practice. She delivers her services in English, French and German and can be contacted in these languages as well as Mandarin and Spanish.
About the Rising Network: We use the power of community to empower women to realise their true potential, and to achieve balance and happiness. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers and we enrich our members professionally and personally by providing resources and a supportive learning and networking environment. We offer online and face-to-face events and a forum to upskill where tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer corporates, SMEs, universities and other networks our services to support L&D and D&I initiatives. For more information and to join us, visit therisingnetwork.com
12:10 – Presentation
12:50 – Q&A
13:00 – Close