ONLINE EVENT: Intercultural Communication in the Workplace
Join us on Wednesday 1st July 2020 for this hour-long webinar and learn about the Intercultural Communication in the Workplace with intercultural coach and trainer Eva Tarabichi.
90% of corporate employees are currently working globally, in at least one virtual global team. However, only 18% of globally working teams meet their intended goals. The cost of this inefficiency is tremendous for the employing entities and can to a large part be attributed to a lack of knowledge and skill in intercultural communication. It is assumed that intercultural communication can simply be learned on the job.
However, research has shown that the cost of the inability to handle intercultural encounters successfully is 11.000 £ per year and per employee, in the UK. A loss that can easily be avoided through training. This webinar gives participants a solid basis to understand the most important intercultural differences in business communication. It then takes this knowledge further and explores how to deal with these differences and become a truly skilled intercultural communicator.
What you will learn:
- Getting to know the key differences in the 4 main communication patterns around the world. .
- Raising intercultural awareness and gaining flexibility so participants can adapt their communication style according to their interlocutors.
- Understanding the need to become more flexible and able to adapt communication style
How you will benefit:
- Get an overview of the power of successful intercultural communication that happens within in the workplace.
- Understand what is a good communication style in increasing globalised work environments.
- What differences in communication styles causes challenges and misunderstandings and how to avoid them
Who should attend?
International professionals: e.g. members/managers of teams with multiple nationalities; members/managers of virtually working global teams; HR managers with international staff; international project leaders; professionals working with international client
How to book
The event will take place on Wednesday 1st July at 12:00 13:00 GMT. Places are limited so hit ‘RSVP’ to register today and avoid disappointment.
- Individual and Enterprise members: Free to attend and included in your membership.
- Non-members and Digital subscribers: £10 + Fees
Invest in yourself and join as a member to:
- Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion.
- Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home.
- Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures.
- Expand your network by creating new relationships.
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills.
- Overcome personal or professional challenges
- Develop your presenting and networking skills in a safe and supportive environment.
About Speaker Eva Tarabichi: Eva Tarabichi is an experienced trainer and ICF ACC-certified coach whose mission is to foster intercultural learning and development for individuals as well as teams. She works with international professionals, teams, expatriates and expat spouses as well as HR professionals that manage international staff and assignments.
Eva’s particular focus is on empowering her clients to assess their own cultural profile as well as that of their counterparts and enable them to successfully bridge cultural gaps and leverage cultural differences in positive ways. Her aim is to make people successful and functional – wherever they may be and whoever they work with. She is passionate about delivering out-of-the-box, global minded, multilingual and multicultural thinking.
To deliver unique and high-quality coaching and training, Eva draws not only on her ICF accredited coach training but also on her degrees in Sinology and European politics, during which she has specialised in intercultural communication. She is an experienced speaker, having designed and presented workshops in her previous career as well as her current one. She understands the challenges of today’s high pressurised career environments, as she used to work for multinational law firms, EU political institutions and lobbying associations in her first career as a political interest representant.
Having been an expat for roughly half of her life, she has seen a fair share of intercultural and relocation challenges: She has been an expat in multiple situations – as a school child, university student, employee, “trailing spouse”, mum of two and self-employed entrepreneur.
Global mindedness, multiculturalism as well as the strive for quality and tested standards in coaching are the core values that drive Eva in her coaching practice. She delivers her services in English, French and German and can be contacted in these languages as well as Mandarin and Spanish.
About the Rising Network: We use the power of community to empower women to realise their true potential, and to achieve balance and happiness. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers and we enrich our members professionally and personally by providing resources and a supportive learning and networking environment. We offer online and face-to-face events and a forum to upskill where tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer corporates, SMEs, universities and other networks our services to support L&D and D&I initiatives. For more information and to join us, visit therisingnetwork.com
12:10 – Webinar with Eva Tarabichi
12:50 – Q&A
13:00 – Close