Leading Through Uncertainty
The Coronavirus pandemic has created intense uncertainty which will continue for some time. Leaders who understand the challenges of uncertainty will be able to lead their teams with more confidence, clarity and empathy through change.
Change of any kind disrupts the way you live or work and creates uncertainty as you find that new way. The focus of change tends to be on the operational and strategic direction and the emotional impact on people is often overlooked. Resistance to change is often ignored and it is usually an emotional response to being out of the comfort zone. Employees and teams need greater support through change to help them make sense of the impact.
In this masterclass we will explore how uncertainty is created, the emotional impact it has on you and your team and the leadership skills that help you lead through it with greater understanding.
What you will learn:
- Understand the impact of disruptive change on your employees or team and find ways to engage and support people through the challenges of uncertainty. It explores the balance of results and relationships.
How you will benefit:
- Understand what happens in uncertainty
- Discover the different emotional responses to uncertainty
- Know how to manage your emotions and support others in the team through disruptive change
- Understand why anxiety is invoked in uncertainty and what to do about it
- Learn 8 leadership skills to help the team communicate more effectively under pressure
Who should attend?
Managers, leaders, entrepreneurs, anyone leading a team
12:00 – Welcome by the Rising Network
12:10 – Masterclass
13:00 – Event close
How to book:
The event will take place on Tuesday 16th June 2020 at 12:00-13:00 GMT and registration closes on Monday 15th June at 12:00 GMT. Places are limited so click RSVP to register today and avoid disappointment.
- Individual, Enterprise and Corporate members: Free to attend and included in your membership
- Non-members and Digital subscribers: £45 + Fees
Invest in yourself and join as an Individual or Enterprise member to:
- Access videos and recordings of past events
- Attend events that are free for members or at discounted member rates
- Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion
- Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home
- Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures and wellbeing
- Expand your network by connecting with other creating new relationships
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills
- Overcome personal or professional challenges
- Gain support during transitions in life, work or business
- Increase your presence and promote yourself as an expert
About Jude Jennison: Jude Jennison is a courageous, inspiring and astute business woman. A free thinker and a maverick, she is known for her profound and life-changing ‘Leadership with Horses’ workshops, talks and round tables. Challenging, compassionate, eccentric, surprising and ahead of the curve. She joins the dots that nobody sees.
Jude inspires leaders to create more human connection in a high-performance culture at a time of substantial change and uncertainty. She helps senior leadership teams align so they can lead change with clarity, courage and compassion.
Previously in IBM, Jude managed a budget of $1 billion and saved 25% over two years. She combines her seventeen years’ senior leadership experience in IBM with extensive coaching and leadership expertise, to help leaders identify their leadership behaviours and transform themselves into courageous and hugely influential, non-verbal communicators.
Renowned for challenging the status quo, she is a seasoned author, international speaker, executive coach and pioneer of ‘Leadership with Horses’. Her methods are unconventional, yet hugely successful. One of her clients turned their business from an operating loss to a profit in just 3 months and another grew their business in 9 months, 15 months ahead of their original plan.
Jude hosts the ‘Leading through uncertainty’ podcast series and is author of the books Leadership Beyond Measure and Leading Through Uncertainty.
She has been featured on BBC2, Radio 4 and the FT and regularly blogs about leadership issues.
About the Rising Network: We use the power of community to empower women to realise their true potential, and to achieve balance and happiness. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers and we enrich our members professionally and personally by providing resources and a supportive learning and networking environment. We offer online and face-to-face events and a forum to upskill where tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer corporates, SMEs, universities and other networks our services to support L&D and D&I initiatives. For more information and to join us, visit therisingnetwork.com