An Introduction to Accent Training – Learn to Communicate Clearly Confidently
Accent training is a very useful communication skill, especially for expats or those who migrate to other countries. In this webinar, Sylvie Lui, Founder and Executive Coach of SLVC will offer you insight into how accent training can enhance your communication skills.
There is a deep-rooted history in accents, especially in the UK, and sometimes the thoughts and feelings around this interferes with learning an accent purely as a skill. Many expats who migrate to work in English-speaking countries, such as the USA, Canada and UK, feel that they need to up-skill via accent training in order to be heard by the native speaker around them.
Often, many non-native speakers will find frustration in their journey of communicating in a language that is not their own.
Sylvie Lui’s ethos and philosophy in accent training can help individuals feel more included, celebrate their mother tongues and help them to find a better way to fit in and be understood by the communities, friends and colleagues at work.
What you will learn:
- What is accent training
- How accent training develops over time
- How accent training helps with communication skills
- How to be a better communicator
How you will benefit:
- Understanding the ethos and philosophy behind accent training
- Being inclusive and celebrating differences in sound and languages
- Becoming a better communicator
- Why you might consider this type of communications training
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in understanding communication skills or wanting to improve their skills.
15:00 – Welcome by the Rising Network London Chapter Lead: Eliana Triggiani
15:10 – Masterclass with Sylvie Lui
16:00 – Event close
How to book:
The event will take place on Tuesday 22nd September at 15:00-16:00 BST and registration closes on Tuesday 22nd September at 09:00 BST.
Places are limited so click RSVP to register today and avoid disappointment
- Individual, Enterprise and Corporate members: Free to attend and included in your membership
- Non-members and Digital subscribers: This is FREE and open to all
Invest in yourself and join as an Individual or Enterprise member to:
- Access videos and recordings of past events
- Attend events that are free for members or at discounted member rates
- Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion
- Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home
- Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures and wellbeing
- Expand your network by connecting with other creating new relationships
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills
- Overcome personal or professional challenges
- Gain support during transitions in life, work or business
- Increase your presence and promote yourself as an expert
About Sylvie Lui: Sylvie is a Chinese – Canadian voice coach based in London, UK. Her expertise is in vocal performance for effective communication and public speaking. She specialises in inclusivity & diversity and teaches with an intercultural and international perspective geared towards those working in international work spaces.
She is highly sought after for voice and communications workshops and private training on in the following areas:
- Executive Voice & Confidence Coaching
- Presentation Skills in the Boardroom
- Personal Effectiveness in Communication
- Speak & Lead with Authenticity
- Impactful Pitching Skills
- Advanced Interviewing Skills
- Clarity, Resonance, Articulation in Vocal Delivery
- Accent Softening & Vocal Technique
Sylvie works in London and internationally with global companies and privately with professionals across a varying spectrum of executive, senior & middle level management, entrepreneurs, lawyers/barristers, consultants, etc. from all sectors.
Some of her previous clients include:
Danske Bank, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, RBS, HSBC, RBC Capital Investments, Bank of China, Linklaters, Loyens & Loeff, Goodwin Proctor, Amazon, Sony, NHS, among others.
Presently, Sylvie teaches privately to corporate clients, individuals and group workshops in the UK, Europe and Canada & is the principle Voice/Speech Coach at Shout at Cancer Charity (UK).
In the past, Sylvie has worked as a performer, taught in drama colleges in London and has voice coached several plays and theatrical performances in Oxford, UK. She also leads seminars and speaks at conferences in the UK and North America and has run private workshops for MBA candidates at the University of Oxford, Saïd School of Business.
About Eliana Triggiani: Eliana is an enthusiastic individual with strong passion in supporting women in thriving in life or business. She has several years’ experience in blue-chip organizations working on Supplier innovation projects in Clinical and Manufacturing. Eliana holds an M.Sc. in Management Engineering and a Project Management and Innovation specialization from Polytechnic of Milan and Polytechnic of Barcelona.
She is passioned about innovation and coaching. She holds a coaching and mindfulness certification alongside SixSigma belt which are optimum combination for supporting people in their innovation journey. Eliana is a proactive person with an eye for creativity with a desire for shaking things up, strong thought leadership, entrepreneurial style and innovation experience. In her free time, she enjoys networking, volunteering business mentoring for young ladies and organizing TEDx events in London. She also enjoy travelling and cooking, dancing tango and practicing yoga.
About the Rising Network: We use the power of community to empower women to realise their true potential, and to achieve balance and happiness. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers and we enrich our members professionally and personally by providing resources and a supportive learning and networking environment. We offer online and face-to-face events and a forum to upskill where tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer corporates, SMEs, universities and other networks our services to support L&D and D&I initiatives. For more information and to join us, visit therisingnetwork.com