Human Resources (HR) for Beginners and Non-HR Managers
Join us on Wednesday 18th November for this beginner online masterclass with Zuhrah Samim discussing Human Resources (HR) for Beginners and Non-HR Managers. This online masterclass delivered by Zuhrah Samim, HR Generalist and Director of HR To You, has been designed to provide those who are new into HR, managers who have the responsibility of looking after internal HR or those who have line management duties with insight into the role of HR within business.
A lot of SME organizations do not have an HR Function due to the cost factor associated with it. Business owners and managers tend to do their own management and in amongst that, all HR elements too, such as, performance evaluation, salary bench marking, employment contracts, policies and procedure to name a few. However, as they often do not have a formal HR background their approach is not uniformed, regulated or compliant. This session will include how to manage various aspects of HR including performance management, recruitment and ensuring compliance empowering you to overcome challenges to handle difficult situations with the confidence needed to move forward with any future business decisions.
What you will learn:
• Where to begin with HR in a small/new business
• How to undertake an HR audit
• The role of human resources from administrative and compliance to strategy and business growth
• The process of recruiting great talent. From job analysis to writing interview questions and job postings.
• A performance management process with more impact
How you will benefit:
• Understand an introduction to HR and where to begin
• Be able to launch your new/small business with good human resource management in place
• Be able to start up an efficient human resources in the business
Who should attend?
• HR professionals at the beginning stage of their careers
• Small business owners managing their own HR themselves
• Business Manager responsible for HR management
• Anyone interested in Human Resources
• Anyone interested in Management or related fields
11:00 – Welcome from the Rising Network Chapter Lead / Welcome by the Rising Network
11:10 – Masterclass with Zuhrah Samin, CEO and Founder of HR To You
12:00 – Event close
How to book:
The event will take place on Wednesday 18th November at 11:00-12:00 GMT and registration closes on Wednesday 18th November at 09:00 GMT.
Places are limited so click RSVP to register today and avoid disappointment.
• Individual, Enterprise and Corporate members: Free to attend and included in your membership
• Non-members and Digital subscribers: £45 + Fees
Invest in yourself and join as an Individual or Enterprise member to:
• Access videos and recordings of past events
• Attend events that are free for members or at discounted member rates
• Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion
• Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home
• Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures and wellbeing
• Expand your network by connecting with other creating new relationships
• Learn and build your business and leadership skills
• Overcome personal or professional challenges
• Gain support during transitions in life, work or business
• Increase your presence and promote yourself as an expert
About Zuhrah Samim: Zuhrah Samim is an HR professional that has worked in SME’s to strategically and operationally develop their core HR function. Zuhrah’s skillsets with the HR world has enabled her to work in organisations to enhance their HR function or even built their HR department from a blank canvas.
Zuhrah believes that the people are assets of the organisation and her role within the organisation is to support those assets to get the best productivity and best enhanced performance. Zuhrah believes that this is an opportunity to transform the organisation through HR and its assets.
Due to Zuhrah’s role being HR Generalist, it is transferable in every organisation. Zuhrah has worked as HR Manager for one the most prestigious names in the Middle East, HR manager for Annalect, a sister company for Omnicom Media Group, HR BP for a Medical Recruitment Company, Head of HR for a property company and HR and Recruitment Specialist for an Artificial intelligence tech organisation.
Being the first HR in majority of my roles, Zuhrah’s role consisted of creating the HR function from the bare minimum or enhancing the HR department within the organisation. Zuhrah has specialized experience in various HR fields such as TUPE, Redundancy, Restructure and work force training, employee development, HR software implementation.
Zuhrah is a solution focused individual and as Zuhrah has evolved from role to role, there is not challenge to small or big for me in the HR role and thrive in challenging herself and learning new things to better herself.
The influence of successors that Zuhrah has had in her professional development is all due to strong powerful women that has coached and mentored her.
Now it is my (Zuhrah’s) turn to give back to the world and The Rising Network has enabled me to do this through a fantastic networking.
About the Rising Network: We use the power of community to empower women to realise their true potential, and to achieve balance and happiness. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers and we enrich our members professionally and personally by providing resources and a supportive learning and networking environment. We offer online and face-to-face events and a forum to upskill where tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer corporates, SMEs, universities and other networks our services to support L&D and D&I initiatives. For more information and to join us, visit therisingnetwork.com