Driving your Career Forward
Although still relevant in certain sectors, the concept of working “9 till 5” is slowly becoming ancient history. The digital transformation era provides new opportunities for each one of us to reinvent ourselves and take more control over our destiny.
The aim of the workshop is to challenge you to think about your “career” differently. It is time to let go of old-fashioned thinking that might be subconsciously slowing you down. Is there such a thing as a “career path/career ladder”? “What are the barriers that you believe exist between yourself and your dream job?”. More importantly, how much are you prepared to pay to get the career that you want?
Throughout this workshop, you will be introduced to a framework that will provide you with the tools that you need to start building a plan to unlock your potential and your career.
Some says that the “World is your oyster”. At the end of this workshop, Naily Makangu hopes to convince you to join her philosophy to “turn your world into your personal playground”.
What you will learn:
- How to find out more about who you are
- How to develop the experience you need to go to another level
- How to reinvent yourself and take more control of your future
- Learn how you can have fun in the process
How you will benefit:
- Unsure how to get “unstuck” in your career
- Unsure how to get the next promotion
- Unsure how to develop the skills required to get to the next level or transition career
Who should attend?
Anyone looking to drive their career forward – early years in their jobs, returning mothers, people transitioning in a new career, people aiming for a promotion and struggling to get it, ambitious people unsure of what to do next.
12:00 – Welcome by the Rising Network
12:10 – Mastermind
13:00 – Event close
How to book:
The event will take place on Tuesday 12th January 2021 at 12:00-13:00 GMT and registration closes on Monday 11h February at 12:00 GMT.
Places are limited so click RSVP to register today and avoid disappointment.
- Individual, Enterprise and Corporate members: Free to attend and included in your membership
- Non-members and Digital subscribers: £45x + Fees
Invest in yourself and join as an Individual or Enterprise member to:
- Access videos and recordings of past events
- Attend events that are free for members or at discounted member rates
- Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion
- Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home
- Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures and wellbeing
- Expand your network by connecting with other creating new relationships
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills
- Overcome personal or professional challenges
- Gain support during transitions in life, work or business
- Increase your presence and promote yourself as an expert
About Naily Makangu: Starting as a Software Engineer at Siemens Industry Software, Naily Makangu carved her own path into Interim Management, Leadership and is an award-winning Trainer. Just like Mary Poppins, Naily descends on an organisation in turmoil to “Turn your life and workplace into a playground”. Naily has a proven track record of turning around struggling organisations and complex software projects. She once took an organisation from the brink of closure to winning 5 awards in less than a year. Some of the awards included “Most Outstanding Leader” and “Best Trainer” in the UK, and “Best Local Growth & Development Program” in Europe.
Having worked in STEM for several years, Naily understands first-hand the leadership challenges faced within the industry. As she has for other clients, Naily will bring more clarity and structure to your processes, deal with your challenges, deliver tangible results, empower your team and support a positive culture.
When the time comes for Naily to fly away and hand you back the keys, she will have transformed your organisation and instilled a leadership mindset. You will be able to sleep better knowing that your challenges have been handled.
Her passion for supporting the development of leaders in STEM led her to creating the Athena Managers Mastermind. She is also working on a series of inspirational talks “From Coding Computers to Decoding People”.
When she’s not working, Naily loves salsa and sport, mostly Tennis and Boxing. She is more than happy to grab a virtual coffee or play tennis with you.
About the Rising Network: We use the power of community to empower women to realise their true potential, and to achieve balance and happiness. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers and we enrich our members professionally and personally by providing resources and a supportive learning and networking environment. We offer online and face-to-face events and a forum to upskill where tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer corporates, SMEs, universities and other networks our services to support L&D and D&I initiatives. For more information and to join us, visit therisingnetwork.com
12:00 - Welcome by the Rising Network
12:10 - Mastermind
13:00 - Event close