4 Week Online Course: Communicating with Confidence
In this 4 part course, ‘Communicating with Confidence’ delivered by Executive Voice, Accent & Communications CoachSylvie Lui, will teach you how to feel comfortable and confident anytime you have to communicate with colleagues, bosses, customers, prospects or clients. She will guide you through the theory and principles of speaking with confidence in an interactive learning environment to better understand you own communication habits and patterns.
This course aims to help you communicate authentically, with gravitas, impact and authority face to face and in virtual environments.
Sylvie specialises in cross-cultural communication working with international audiences. She brings an understanding and awareness of this that will help you change and enhance your delivery to be more inclusive for diverse audiences, whilst being more connected to yourself.
Module 1: Introduction to Communicating with Confidence
Held on: Tuesday 3rd November 2020, at 12:00 – 13:00 GMT
Communication challenge happens both face-to-face and virtually. There are 5 main challenges that Sylvie Lui shall speak about: Voice, Body, Breath, Confidence & Mindset and Cross-cultural & International audiences.
Module 2: Connecting to our Voice & Identity
Held on: Tuesday 10th November 2020, at 12:00 – 13:00 GMT
Connecting to your voice and identity will allow you to understand the habits and patterns you use when speaking and how that impacts your communication. This module will create awareness and self-reflexivity on understating one’s own vocal usage in relationship with their identity.
Module 3: Becoming Vocally Confident (F2F & Virtually)
Held on: Tuesday 17th November 2020, at 12:00- 13:00 GMT
Discover what are the challenges in F2F and virtual communications and how they are similar/different. They are several challenges that Sylvie will highlight within this module such as eye contact and body posture.
Module 4: How to be more Inclusive in our Communication
Held on: Tuesday 24th November 2020, at 12:00 – 13:00 GMT
Discover what individual challenges are regarding inclusivity & diversity and what international and cross-cultural communication is. Sylvie will talk about current global issues and climate within communication to give a better
What you will learn:
- The main communication challenges in both F2F and virtual, and how to overcome them
- Breathing techniques
- Learn your own vocal usage in link with your identity
- How to use eye contact, body posture and engagement to increase impact with communication
- How to communicate effectively and inclusively across diverse teams
- Communicate effectively to individuals and small groups
- Deliver presentations with confidence
- Communicate messages in an understandable and memorable way
How you will benefit:
- Understand the foundations of what you need to communicate with confidence
- Understand your own voice and how to use it in different habits and scenarios
- Be able to understand your communication challenges and how you can improve them to speak with more confidence
- Understand your individual challenges in regard to inclusivity and diversity and be able to voice them.
- Learn in a supportive learning environment
- Access peer to peer support throughout the course
Who should attend?
Anyone wishing to improve communication skills, especially spoken communication
This course starts on Tuesday 3rd November 2020 and ends on Tuesday 24th November 2020. Each online session starts at 12:00 – 13:00 GMT.
- Tuesday 3rd November: Introduction to Communicating with Confidence
- Tuesday 10th November: Connecting to our Voice & Identity
- Tuesday 17th November: Becoming Vocally Confident (F2F & Virtually)
- Tuesday 24th November: How to be more Inclusive in our Communication
How to book:
Places are limited so click RSVP to register today and avoid disappointment. Registration will close on Tuesday 3rd November at 09:00 GMT.
- Individual, Enterprise and Corporate members: Free to attend and included in your membership
- Non-members and Digital subscribers: £180 + Fees
Invest in yourself and join as an Individual or Enterprise member to access this course for FREE plus more:
- Access videos and recordings of past events
- Attend events that are free for members or at discounted member rates
- Improve and enhance your skills to help you to move up the career ladder and to get your next promotion
- Increase your visibility and impact at work, in community and at home
- Pick up tools and techniques to manage daily stress, work/life pressures and wellbeing
- Expand your network by connecting with other creating new relationships
- Learn and build your business and leadership skills
- Overcome personal or professional challenges
- Gain support during transitions in life, work or business
- Increase your presence and promote yourself as an expert
About Sylvie Lui: Sylvie is a Chinese – Canadian voice coach based in London, UK. Her expertise is in vocal performance for effective communication and public speaking. She specialises in inclusivity & diversity and teaches with an intercultural and international perspective geared towards those working in international work spaces.
She is highly sought after for voice and communications workshops and private training on in the following areas:
- Executive Voice & Confidence Coaching
- Presentation Skills in the Boardroom
- Personal Effectiveness in Communication
- Speak & Lead with Authenticity
- Impactful Pitching Skills
- Advanced Interviewing Skills
- Clarity, Resonance, Articulation in Vocal Delivery
- Accent Softening & Vocal Technique
Sylvie works in London and internationally with global companies and privately with professionals across a varying spectrum of executive, senior & middle level management, entrepreneurs, lawyers/barristers, consultants, etc. from all sectors.
Some of her previous clients include:
Danske Bank, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, RBS, HSBC, RBC Capital Investments, Bank of China, Linklaters, Loyens & Loeff, Goodwin Proctor, Amazon, Sony, NHS, among others.
Presently, Sylvie teaches privately to corporate clients, individuals and group workshops in the UK, Europe and Canada & is the principle Voice/Speech Coach at Shout at Cancer Charity (UK).
In the past, Sylvie has worked as a performer, taught in drama colleges in London and has voice coached several plays and theatrical performances in Oxford, UK. She also leads seminars and speaks at conferences in the UK and North America and has run private workshops for MBA candidates at the University of Oxford, Saïd School of Business.
About the Rising Network: We use the power of community to empower women to realise their true potential, and to achieve balance and happiness. Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers and we enrich our members professionally and personally by providing resources and a supportive learning and networking environment. We offer online and face-to-face events and a forum to upskill where tools, strategies and techniques can be learned and developed. As well as supporting our individual members, we offer corporates, SMEs, universities and other networks our services to support L&D and D&I initiatives. For more information and to join us, visit therisingnetwork.com