Join the Leadership Team and become a Chapter Lead in your area
Our vision is to be recognised as a global community that empowers women to become change makers and achieve balance in all areas of life.
Since 2016 the Rising Network has delivered over 100 events to over 6’000 women in the Cambridge area. In March 2019, our flagship event the Rising Festival attracted over 30 speakers and more than 250 people.
But we don’t want to stop there.
We want to reach as many people as possible in our mission to help women create meaningful change, expand their network and connect with their true identity, passion, purpose and direction.
That’s why in 2019 we are expanding the Rising Network community and introducing Rising Network ‘Chapters’ across the UK. Our chapters are local communities to connect, inspire and empower women, each with their own calendar of events, workshops and activities for women in the local area.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Chapter Lead?
We are seeking vibrant, engaging women who share our values, and committed in developing themselves and others, to become Chapter Leads. Each Chapter Lead will head up their own chapter community in their local area and will work closely with the Rising Network to help shape events, activities and the future direction of their chapter.
More information about the role, including roles and responsibilities and how to apply, can be found below.
What are we looking for in a Chapter Lead?
- You are passionate about empowering women to help them identify their true identity, passion and purpose.
- You are vibrant, engaging and want to support others to thrive.
- You want to build your network and enjoy networking with people from all backgrounds, communities and industries.
- You want to develop your leadership, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- You want to be part of a wider community of Chapter Leads across the UK.
- Work closely with the Rising Network and your fellow Chapter Leads towards our common cause to support others in their development and empower women to reach their true potential.
- Work closely with the Rising Network to help shape the future direction, events and activities in your chapter.
- Expand your network: engage and network with leaders from a variety of industries at chapter events and meetings.
How to apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes and want to become a Chapter Lead, contact [email protected] for further details and to request an application form.
Please note: you must be a member of the Rising Network; Individual, Enterprise or Corporate member, in order to apply to become a Chapter Lead. We are a network run by its members, for its members.
Frequently asked Questions
What support will I receive from the Rising Network as a Chapter Lead?
We’ll work with you to develop your leadership and facilitation skills and we’ll provide support and mentorship in your role as a Chapter Lead.
What types of events will I be expected to be involved in?
The chapters can organise a range of events, from informal networking and social events to workshops and seminars. In our Cambridge and London chapters, we’ve covered everything from mental health and wellbeing to people management and leadership skills.
Will I need to organise the events myself?
No. All event logistics, including registrations, venue hire and catering, will be managed by Rising Network HQ.
How much time do I need to commit as a Chapter Lead?
We don’t expect more 2 hours per month, this does not include time spent attending the events you wish to attend.
I don’t have a specific background in the role I’m interested in, can I still apply?
It is desirable to have existing experience, but we will help you develop your personal and leadership skills, so if you think you have what it takes to become a Chapter Lead, then please get in touch.
Where can I find my nearest chapter?
We currently have chapters in Cambridge and London. If you would like to launch a Chapter in your area, please get in touch!